Tuesday 23 August 2011

Winds of Change


A season of change has crept up on me and those close to me. It has infected almost every area of life. And as we scatter to different counties and the distance between us increases, I find my self looking down the path that I have been given to walk. For now I can only see vague shapes of things that maybe and could be mixed with my hopes and dreams for the future. At times I wonder if this path is called foolishness, but that only leads me to be reminded of the one who set me on this walk, and He is the opposite of folly.

Sometimes I can see hopelessness trying to join me here. At times he is close and times he is far, but for as long as my hope rests in the finished work of the King, he shall never be apart of my journey.
There is only one way that can make progress on this road, by lifting my sights to the end of the path, the only part that is clear and unclouded. For it is at that point that I will be free from darkness and rebellion and meet my king face to face.

This hope of Glory is what keeps my feet moving, and no matter what the path looks like in the months ahead, I know that He shall not lead me towards anything but the goal. So I will press on, and embrace the change that unwelcomely seeped into every facet of my life, knowing that I am never alone, and will soon be joined by my closest and most trusted friend, to walk this path together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your own murmurings here...